Re: shameless behavior of EDB ...

From: Mike Ellsworth <younicycle(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL - Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Michael Kulovits <kulovits(at)emarsys(dot)com>
Subject: Re: shameless behavior of EDB ...
Date: 2011-05-12 10:32:48
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

2011/5/12 PostgreSQL - Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>:
> On May 12, 2011, at 11:40 AM, Dave Page wrote:

>>> So you've copied a customer list from another company's web site,
>>> placed that data on your own and then accidentally misrepresented what
>>> that means.
>>
>> I do not know that that is the case at all - I don't know where the
>> data came from.
>>

> i am not blaming you personally - don't get me wrong.
> i can tell you where it comes from: www.postgresql-support.de ... including typo from my side, including companies which don't even exist anymore ....
>
> @simon: in short, "yes" ...
>
>        hans

I won't comment on how the data was culled, but as a suggestion, on
this page (http://www.enterprisedb.com/pgsqlusermap) where you have a
youtube or other marketing material onclick, such as:
["Blue Tie", 43.0630250, -77.6420550, 1, function(event) {
window.open("http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcUu9YpC3go"); }],

then leave it in place, as they are obviously clients and exerted
effort creating a marketing vid/marketing material. They may even be
paying for that link, for all I know.

for others, just load:
["", whatever, whatever, 0, null], -- so remove name & onclick.

Picking the orange/green png escapes me at the moment, but if there is
no material, then orange.

I think the vast majority of users could care less whether there is an
orange dot over their lat/long, especially since acquiring their name
would take effort.

--
Mike Ellsworth