Re: Discussion - Search Objects

From: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Discussion - Search Objects
Date: 2011-06-16 21:51:46
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> I suppose you're talking about "git rebase". Do a "git rebase -i" to get
>> the interactive mode. Let the first commit the way it is. Use squash for
>> the other commits.
>

> Yep. This is what I was looking for!
During rebase I made a mistake, so the two patches I sent today are now
included in the big one. Is this undo-able?

> > Generally, I wanna thank you for your patience and help - I know this
> > can be frustrating to answer questions, that are clear to you since a
> > long time :)
> >

> No problem :)

I think it's ready for testing now. I've already checked it against 8.3.15,
8.4.8, 9.0.4 and 9.1 beta2. On our production database with 300k objects the
search takes about 4-5 seconds. I think it's an acceptable value. It could
be useful to add a hot key to the query from. I was playing around with
extensions today and this would be ergonomically. What do you think?

There should be a documentation in the patch, but as you can read a native
speaker should maybe take care of it.