Re: Branch 1.14?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Branch 1.14?
Date: 2011-06-15 11:06:14
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 13:01, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 11:11 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>>  On the other
>> hand, I'm saying we're not actively doing that, but if someone wants
>> to do so, or if we want to simplify things when working on a
>> particular piece of code, then removing the support for older versions
>> is acceptable.
>>

> OK, let's put it another way. I don't support removing old code whose
> only fault is to support older, even unsupported, PostgreSQL release. I
> won't do any review of a patch whose sole purpose is to drop some code
> that was interesting for support of old releases. And I won't
> commit/push them.

FWIW, I *am* in support of this, since the old branches and releases
are still around for those people. For the sake of making the code
easier to maintain.

But since I'm not one of the biggest code contributors, I will happily
defer judgement to those of you that are.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/