reducing the overhead of frequent table locks, v4

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks, v4
Date: 2011-06-27 14:13:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I didn't get a lot of comments on my the previous version of my patch
to accelerate table locks.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-06/msg00953.php

Here's a new version anyway. In this version, I have:

1. Made pg_locks show fast-path locks as well as regular locks, with a
new Boolean column to distinguish.
2. Renamed fpLWLock to backendLock, on the belief that we're going to
want something like this for quite a bit more than just this one
patch.
3. Removed some debugging code.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
fastlock-v4.patch application/octet-stream 74.2 KB