Re: Contrib source

From: Michael Nolan <htfoot(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: gnuoytr(at)rcn(dot)com
Cc: Reid(dot)Thompson(at)ateb(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Contrib source
Date: 2011-06-30 16:03:52
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:17 AM, <gnuoytr(at)rcn(dot)com> wrote:

> D'oh! I didn't recall that it was packaged together, but the contrib
> source isn't in src, where I looked. Oh well.

IIt's not a separate file, there should be a contrib subdirectory in the
source code file.

However, if you're using a packaged pre-built binary, you're pretty much at
the mercy of the packager as to which contrib packages are built in (if any)
or available separately.

Using a pre-built binary and then building a contrib package from the source
code might cause some problems, I've always just built everything from the
source code.
--
Mike Nolan
nolan(at)tssi(dot)com