Re: branching for 9.2devel

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: branching for 9.2devel
Date: 2011-04-25 15:32:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu> wrote:
> If the tools become easy to run is it possible we cold get to the
> point where we do an indent run on every commit? This wold require a
> stable list of system symbols plus the tool would need to add any new
> symbols added by the patch.

Methinks there'd need to be an experiment run where pgindent is run
each time on some sort of "parallel tree" for a little while, to let
people get some feel for what changes it introduces.

Unfortunately, I'd fully expect there to be some interference between patches.

Your patch changes the indentation of the code a little, breaking the
patch I wanted to submit just a little later. And, by the way, I had
already submitted my patch. So you broke my patch, even though mine
was contributed first.

That seems a little antisocial...