Re: Problem with error handling

From: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Eric Snow <esnow(at)verio(dot)net>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with error handling
Date: 2011-04-25 18:13:01
Lists: psycopg

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 6:20 PM, Eric Snow <esnow(at)verio(dot)net> wrote:

> [...]
> [20299] pq_raise: PQerrorMessage: err=server closed the connection
> unexpectedly
>        This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>        before or while processing the request.
[...]

> I am guessing that this is an issue with our database more than with
> psycopg.

I think so: this seems a "regular" backend crash (I've seen it way too
often developing a C extension). Just asking in case the condition was
reproducible in the unit test, but I don't think it is (unless I write
a C extension to purposely segfault the session, which wouldn't be
that hard...)

Cheers,

-- Daniele