Create GEOM Column

From: James Smith <james(dot)david(dot)smith(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Create GEOM Column
Date: 2011-05-29 20:27:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

Dear all,

Would appreciate some help. I have created an existing database (with
PostGIS extension) andhas a table called CAMDENGPS which is populated
with approx 600,000 rows. There are 20 or so columns in the table, two
of which are Latitude and Longitude (WGS84). I would now like to
create a Geom column with points in, the values of which should be
taken from the other columns. Could someone provide me with sample
code as to how to do this please?

Thank you

James