Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chesnok(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes?
Date: 2011-05-14 09:22:58
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 23:08, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> I obviously freaked out too quickly.  :-(
>
> And I have no problem linkking _to_ the sponsorship Wiki page from the
> release notes.

I may not be web-2.0-savvy enough.. But as a sponsor, I'd much rather
see something like that as an appendix in the docs (even if it's well
hidden), or as a page on the "actual" website. That gives it a much
stronger "confidence level" than just a page on a wiki, that anybody
can edit. (now, we know that we are fairly good at "policing" the
content on our wiki, but an outsider does not know that)

> I also liked the spreadsheet or SQL file idea where we could actually do
> analysis of the companies and sponsored items.  Yeah, why not use SQL
> for this.

SQL? I thought everything was supposed to be noSQL now?! Don't we just
store it as a json file in the filesystem? That's so much more
webscale!

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/