SSLEAY32.dll not found

From: Bo H <bukuskills(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SSLEAY32.dll not found
Date: 2011-04-29 17:04:05
Lists: pgadmin-support

- running pgAdmin III
- windows vista 64 bit
- PostgreSQL 9.0

I had been working on fixing my PostgreSQL version 8.3 for hours, the
problem was that the server would not listen. I tried to follow tutorials
from archives.postgresql.org but they were all too complicated for me to
understand. After I couldn't figure out how to do what the archives were
telling me, I did a system restore. When that didn't work I got fed up and
uninstalled and then deleted every PostgreSQL folder and file on my
computer. This was version 8.3 when I did this.

Now I installed 9.0 and when I open pgAdmin III I get the message "This
application has failed to start because SSLEAY32.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

What have I done? Are you able to explain in layman's terms how to fix it?
I seriously googled and read posts for over five hours on how to make the
server listen, and everything sounded like a foreign language to me and none
of the steps I attempted to follow were fixing it so that's why I freaked
out and tried deleting everything and installing a new version. I'm afraid
I might have made things even worse now :-(

Thanks for reading, please help if you can.