Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes?

From: Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chesnok(dot)com>
To: "Nasby, Jim" <JNasby(at)enovafinancial(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes?
Date: 2011-05-13 19:26:05
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi Jim,

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Nasby, Jim <JNasby(at)enovafinancial(dot)com> wrote:

> I think there's a couple benefits to mentioning sponsorship:
>
> - It provides added legitimacy to the project *in the eyes of businesses* when they see development being funded by other businesses
> - It raises awareness that businesses *can* fund development of features/fixes
> - It recognizes those who have contributed to development

Can you explain how Enova would use the recognition?

I thought of a few things - like: easier to recruit other developers
(maybe specifically Postgres devs) who are interested in open source,
raise the profile of the company among investors who like to see that
a company isn't dependent on proprietary software at their core. I
couldn't think of any others though.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com