Re: Changed behaviour of \'

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, depesz(at)depesz(dot)com, Martin Pitt <mpitt(at)debian(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Changed behaviour of \'
Date: 2011-05-11 18:57:09
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 16:25, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> writes:
>>
>> > I added the word "backslash" before escapes in the attached applied
>> > patch.
>>
>> Actually, I had something more like this in mind ...
>
> Great.

I wonder if this is something that's going to hit so many people that
we need to be even more clear than that. Like specifically saying that
changing it back to "off" will make legacy applicatoins work again.
Given that *so* many apps use it... And people don't look at warnings
;)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/