Re: Rework on the dialogs UI

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Rework on the dialogs UI
Date: 2011-04-08 10:35:11
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> I think I know why. The OnChangeSize() method is specific to the Mac
> platform. It substracts 550 to the height, but I lower the height a bit,
> so 550 is probably too big now.

Ahh no - it's because securityPage is NULL for a catalog dialogue - it
just needs the first 2 lines to be guarded with "if (securityPage)".
Not sure what the size is for - it seems to work whatever I set that

>> I wonder if it should be 300 wide? The tab labels are all visible now,
>> but the edges aren't.
> Done in the patch attached.

Looks better.

>>> Fixed too.
>> :-)

Hmm, actually the height is still an issue on the Privileges page. See
the attached screenshot.

>>> I fixed also the frmOptions window.
>> Not quite - see the attached screenshot.
> Should be fixed in the patch attached.

Still a little too small - see the other screenshot.

>> BTW, that one also seems to be missing the status bar. Wanna fix that
>> while you're there?
> AFAIR, there is no status bar in the frmOptions window. Do you really
> want to add it to this window? what for?

It looks a bit crappy for a start - particularly the positioning of
the OK/Cancel buttons. Also for consistency with the other dialogues,
which I think all have a status bar these days.

Dave Page
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK:
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company