Re: Switching Database Engines

From: Carlos Mennens <carlos(dot)mennens(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Switching Database Engines
Date: 2011-04-27 14:29:13
Lists: pgsql-general
I was able to export the Wiki database into a single file using the
conversion tool mentioned previously.

root(at)ideweb1 postgres]# ./ --db=wiki
--user=mediawiki --pass=**************
Writing file ""

As you can see above that generated a new file in my current working
directory which is output of running the conversion tool:

[root(at)ideweb1 postgres]# ls -lh
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 112M Apr 27 09:24

So my question is now that I have the file above which I assume
contains the entire SQL database structure parameters and associated
data, how do I insert this into my existing PostgreSQL server? Do I
need to create a wiki database using template0 or template1? Or should
I just create a database as normal w/o templates and assign a wiki
role to that database?