Re: pgAdmin III commit: Database Designer (milestone 1 of GSoC 2011)

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Luis Ochoa <ziul1979(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III commit: Database Designer (milestone 1 of GSoC 2011)
Date: 2011-06-29 08:21:07
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 3:16 AM, Luis Ochoa <ziul1979(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Well, I can change that class name, but when should  I do that, now or
> later?
> which name can be used?

Now would be better - I prefer not to leave the tree in a state where
we know major restructuring is required for too long. Name-wise, I'd
call the module "hotdraw", and prefix the class naes with "hd".

>> Well, docs will be done at the end.

End of what? If this is a milestone commit, then it presumably (I
hope) encompasses some completed functionality - which really isn't
complete until the docs are done. With the best will in the world,
things left to the end of GSoC projects often don't get completed as
planned, and I'd rather not see us end up with another cool, but
undocumented feature.

>> I actually still hope we'll have
>> another documentation system for next release, so docs will have to be
>> reviewed completely.

Yeah, I meant to ask you about that. I'd like to get that patch in
early this cycle, as I want to spend some time on the docs myself.
They're in dire need of an overhaul, and I'd rather not do it all in
HTML. Yes, I am on a mission to sort out our crappy documentation.

>> And precomp.h, yeah, good catch. Forgot this one. Luis, can you update
>> this file? Thanks.
>>

> I'll do that and send you the patch.

Thanks.

--