Re: BUG #5967: Db maintainace

From: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "Halli, Savita" <Savita(dot)Halli(at)ca(dot)com>
Cc: depesz(at)depesz(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5967: Db maintainace
Date: 2011-05-18 16:15:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Halli, Savita <Savita(dot)Halli(at)ca(dot)com> wrote:

> When we need to rum vacuumdb and reindexdb commands, would like to know how often we need to perform these ooperation? Is it
> once in a week, month or other?

correct answer is: depends on your work load...
if you have a recent version of postgres, better you can do is
configure autovacuum and let it do most of the job... and by a recent
version i mean at least 8.3 (preferable 8.4 or superior)

btw, any new question you have please send it to
pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org or another one that fits more with the
question from the page Hubert show you

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL