Password problem

From: Robert West <rwest15(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Password problem
Date: 2011-05-27 04:01:05
Lists: pgsql-novice
I recently installed PostgreSQL8.4 on a PC running WindowsXP.  I wasn't
paying attention when it asked for a password during the installation
process and I think it put in a default password and I clicked Next. and
finished the installation.  The installation seems to have completed OK.
However, when I try to initiate a session I get a request for a password,
and I am stopped at that point.  I thought I could fix it by uninstalling
and re-installing, but alas, the system did not uninstall the password and I
now cannot complete the installation because I do not know the password.  Is
there a default password?  I tried my own password and that failed.

Thank you,
Bob

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Chetan SuttrawayDate: 2011-05-27 09:36:58