Re: pg_listener table errors with slony

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Steve Singer <ssinger(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>, Ben Carbery <ben(dot)carbery(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_listener table errors with slony
Date: 2011-06-02 14:47:18
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-06-01 at 16:18 -0400, Steve Singer wrote:
>> On 11-06-01 04:01 PM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>>

>> > Yes, we are still trying to scan the sl_trigger table which seems to
>> > have been dropped in Slony 2.0. See pgadmin/slony/dlgRepSet.cpp and
>> > pgadmin/slony/slTable.cpp.
>> >

>> In 2.0 slony no longer manages enabling triggers on slaves.
>> The slony commands store trigger, drop trigger have gone away along with
>> sl_trigger.
>>

> Makes sense. I guess we only need to check Slony version, and use
> sl_trigger only with 1.2. It should be pretty easy on slTable at least.

I've committed a bunch of changes to master that fix both the
sl_trigger and pg_listener issues, as well as some other API changes
we hadn't noticed. Just checking 1.12, then I'll push that too.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company