PgDay at OSCON

From: gabrielle <gorthx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PgDay at OSCON
Date: 2011-04-27 16:24:57
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-announce pgsql-general

What: PgDay, a day of PostgreSQL sessions
Date: Sunday, July 24, 2011
Time: 9:30 am - 5 pm
Location: Oregon Convention Center
Your Hosts: PDXPUG, the Portland PostgreSQL Users Group
Cost: We'd like a $30 donation to SPI for the sessions, but don't let
lack of funds deter you from attending.

Coming to OSCON? Be sure to come a day early and join us for another
PgDay! This summer marks PDXPUG's 5th anniversary, and we want to see
*your* smiling face! We will be celebrating at Gotham Tavern after
the day of sessions. Sign up for sessions and afterparty here:
http://bit.ly/f1F2Mz

A couple of people have already volunteered to speak, but we need a
few more. Are you doing something particularly strange and
interesting with PostgreSQL? Have some war stories about migrating
from another database? We'd love to hear about it - submit your
proposal here: http://bit.ly/g93YNO . We're looking primarily for 50
minute talks, but we're interested in 2-hour tutorials if you've got
'em! Proposal deadline is May 23; speakers will be notified May 27.

CommandPrompt and PgUS have already stepped up to sponsor this event.
We are looking for additional sponsors; please contact Michael Brewer
(mbrewer(at)gmail(dot)com) or me, Gabrielle Roth (gorthx(at)gmail(dot)com) if you're
interested.

Thanks and see you there!

gabrielle