Re: Discussion - Search Objects

From: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Discussion - Search Objects
Date: 2011-06-16 22:23:54
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

2011/6/17 Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>

> On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 23:51 +0200, Jasmin Dizdarevic wrote:
> >

> > I suppose you're talking about "git rebase". Do a "git
> > rebase -i" to get
> > the interactive mode. Let the first commit the way it
> > is. Use squash for
> > the other commits.
> >

> > Yep. This is what I was looking for!
> > During rebase I made a mistake, so the two patches I sent today are
> > now included in the big one. Is this undo-able?
> >

> Nope. Anyway, it'll be commited as one patch. So, it doesn't matter.
>
> > > Generally, I wanna thank you for your patience and help - I
> > know this
> > > can be frustrating to answer questions, that are clear to
> > you since a
> > > long time :)
> > >

> > No problem :)
> >

> > I think it's ready for testing now. I've already checked it against
> > 8.3.15, 8.4.8, 9.0.4 and 9.1 beta2. On our production database with
> > 300k objects the search takes about 4-5 seconds. I think it's an
> > acceptable value.
>
> Yes, it is.
>
> > It could be useful to add a hot key to the query from. I was playing
> > around with extensions today and this would be ergonomically. What do
> > you think?
> >

> I don't see the link with extensions?
>

> Sorry, you misunderstood me. Today I've checked create extension feature
and had to uninstall manually a previous installed extension. So I used the
search feature. Because I was working in query form, I always had to switch
back to the main form and start the search dialog. So I thought, it would be
great if I could call the search dialog from the query form.

> > There should be a documentation in the patch, but as you can read a
> > native speaker should maybe take care of it.
> >

> There's not much documentation yet. It won't be hard to add a line or
>> two talking about this new dialog.
>

> the file docs/en_US/search.html should be there. It's not implemented in
the help window (F1-Help)