Re: Discussion - Search Objects

From: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Discussion - Search Objects
Date: 2011-06-11 17:12:10
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Attached a patch for searching objects in a database. I've added most of the
objects, except operator-objects. I don't think that we need them.
non-pgsql object types (edb, slony,..) has to be added by somebody else - i
don't have those products installed or in use.

I've also changed two methods in frmMain:

1. The node path is trimmed now.
2. SetCurrentNode is now more intelligent. during recursion every node is
partially checked against the given path. if the path is wrong the recursion
stops and the next child will be checked.objects are now expanded
automatically as requested by the given path.
3. GetNodePath is public now.

to search, right click on a database and select search object. clicking on a
result will expand the given node. if the object type is not shown in tree
(options) the result is grey and nothing happens when clicking on it.

i will also add ability to search for a user, group, role and tablespace,
but first i'd like to know what you think.

you'll have to add the new files (frmSearchObject.h, frmSearchObject.cpp,
frmSearchObject.xrc) to your solution, because I'm developing on VS 2010 and
it doesn't make sense to send you the solution file. linux users will
hopefully know, what they have to do ;-)

thanks
jasmin

2011/6/7 Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>

> On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 21:25 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 9:11 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> > <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

> > > I'm not sure what you mean. If you want that a string is automatically
> > > translated, use the _() function. As in _(wxT("Foreign Languages)).
> >
> > I think you mean _("Foreign Languages")
> >

> Ops, yeah, I was too quick. Thank you.
>

> --
> Guillaume
> http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info
> http://www.dalibo.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-From-todo-list-Ability-to-search-a-database-for-obje.patch application/octet-stream 23.0 KB