Re: Getting a bug tracker for the Postgres project

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting a bug tracker for the Postgres project
Date: 2011-05-29 03:51:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 11:23 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com> wrote:
> My own bare bones wish list for such a tracker is:
>
> * Runs on Postgres
> * Has an email interface
>
> Make no mistake, whichever we choose, the care of feeding of such a
> beast will require some precious resources in time from at least two
> people, probably more. If there is anyone in the community that
> wants to help the project but hasn't found a way, this is your chance
> to step up! :)

Yeah, agreed. My basic requirements are:

1. Given a bug number, find the pgsql-bugs emails that mention it in
the subject line. Note that the archives would actually MOSTLY do
this ,but for the stupid month-boundary problem which we seem unable
to fix despite having some of the finest engineers in the world.

2. Associate some kind of status like "OPEN", "FIXED", "NOTABUG",
"WONTFIX", etc. with each such bug via web interface.

I'm not asking for a lot. In fact, less may be more. We don't want
to have to do a lot of work to keep something up to date. But for the
love of pity, there should be some way to get a list of which bugs we
haven't fixed yet.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company