Re: marking old branches as no longer maintained

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: marking old branches as no longer maintained
Date: 2011-06-28 19:17:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:

> If we can find a good way to do it, I think having BF animals
> automatically picking up new branches is a very good thing to have. So
> don't give up so easily :D If adding a more or less random file to
> back branches is the only way to do it, I'm for doing that - I'd just
> like to find some method that feels cleaner. But maybe I'm just
> bikeshedding for no real use here.

Adding new branches automatically would be great, but it'll need some
work from the animal herders as well as some careful design - for
example, my Windows animals have separate schedules for each branch
(some running more frequently than others), whilst my Solaris ones now
use a runner script that cycles through the list of branches on each
of a couple of animals.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com