Dblink ssl cert issue

From: Adam Roberts <adam(at)cleanenergyworksoregon(dot)org>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Dblink ssl cert issue
Date: 2011-06-03 17:13:26
Lists: pdxpug

Hey folks-first post here-and stoked you are all here in town!
I'm trying to use dblink_connect to access a client's remote DB
when using:
SELECT dblink_connect('myconn', 'host=server.client.com port=5432
dbname=clientdb user=me password=password requiressl=1')
I get the following error:

********** Error **********

ERROR: could not establish connection

SQL state: 08001

Detail: FATAL: connection requires a valid client certificate

The three certificate files are all in the default location (~/.postgresql/)
and I can successfully connect in pgAdmin using the same parameters...

I tried hardcoding the certs (sslcert=~/.postgresql/postgresql.crt
sslkey=~/.postgresql/postgresql.key sslrootcert=~/.postgresql/root.crt)

this produced the same error.

I should note that this is just a local test case for a remote connection,
as the applications will need to connect in this way...

Anyone have any guidance here?

Much appreciated,

Adam

--