Re: Problem trying to compile PgAdmin

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Timwi <timwi(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem trying to compile PgAdmin
Date: 2011-05-27 15:16:22
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Timwi <timwi(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> On 27/05/2011 15:00, Dave Page wrote:
>>> So when are you going to update? This is not very helpful.
>> Not at least until we start working on the next release. Upgrading is
>> not trivial, as it affects a number of build servers, and has knock-on
>> effects on installers and build frameworks used for PostgreSQL. Plus,
>> we don't actually gain much from doing so, other than using up disk
>> space.
> All the VS 2010 developers are not much of a gain? If you say so...

VS 2010 users are more than capable of using 2008 as well I imagine.
The point is that there is no *technical* benefit for us, but there is
a lot of work involved in updating, which at the moment is time we can
better spend on other tasks.

> But anyway, I received a private message from someone who is helpfully
> trying to get it to compile. Let’s see how it goes.

Well I wish you good luck, but you asked what to do about the error
and I told you the likely cause and fix. I'm sorry if you don't find
that helpful.

Dave Page
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: