Re: Streaming replication: rsync to switchover

From: Gerhard Hintermayer <gerhard(dot)hintermayer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: rudi <rudolone(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Streaming replication: rsync to switchover
Date: 2011-04-19 09:28:47
Lists: pgsql-admin

I also streaming replication _and_ ship WALs them to the slaves, something
like: restore_command='rsync -pog master::postgresql-wals/%f %p', so
normally the slaves are up to date (via streaming replication) and the WALs
are also on the slaves to be able to recover (maybe to some PIT) from them
in case something goes wrong.
The recommended setup should be handled more in detail in the docs, since
this is a topic where you can make a lot of mistakes :-(

Gerhard