Re: Input and Output data traffic

From: Israel Ben Guilherme Fonseca <israel(dot)bgf(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Input and Output data traffic
Date: 2011-05-11 13:04:14
Lists: psycopg

No I didn't. I'm using the "noob-approach", and using all default, no
special optimization, because normally that's what the people around here
do. :)

For ruby, python and java, I just got the drivers and used it in the
simplest way.

The tests are all built on "synthetic" scenario, I cratead the base, tables,
tests. So it's unlike to have some unexpected behavior happening, but I'll
give a look anyway.

About caching plan / binary protocol (and I know very-little-almost-nothing
about these), it can't be used with psycopg? Let's say that the jdbc driver
use these techniques, shouldn't psycopg do the same? (let-me repeat that I
may not know about what i'm talking here. :) )