time table for beta1

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: time table for beta1
Date: 2011-04-04 14:52:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Folks,

I think it might be about time to start thinking concretely about when
we might like to kick beta1 out the door.   The open issues list still
has 9 issues on it, but we now have patches awaiting review for most
of those issues (credit where credit is due: Fujii Masao, Noah Misch,
Joey Adams, Peter Eisentraut, Shigeru Hanada).  I have the impression
from the SSI threads that there might be an issue or two there that
needs to be dealt with, but there again I think that there are patches
already posted, and that we just need to get around to dealing with
them.  So unless someone is aware of a large reservoir of other work
that has to be taken care of before we can proceed, it's probably time
to think about setting a deadline for ourselves and trying to hit it.
 At the risk of getting laughed at, how about, say, ~2 weeks from now?
 Plus or minus a couple of days based on people's schedules and which
day of the week we'd like the wrap to happen on.

Thoughts?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Next:From: Robert HaasDate: 2011-04-04 14:54:01