Re: Rework on the dialogs UI

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Rework on the dialogs UI
Date: 2011-04-07 12:58:11
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Le 07/04/2011 12:10, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
>> [...]
>> The patch attached changes some dialogs UI so that they work on a
>> 800x600 screen.
>>
>> What i did, mostly, was to keep name, oid, owner, comment, and
>> replication widgets in the first tab, and added a second one for the
>> rest of the definition of the object (hence the tab's name, Definition).
>>
>> Comments?
>>
>> PS: there is still work to do on the frmOptions dialog which is bigger
>> than a 800x600 screen.
>>

> Sorry, patch attached this time.

Hi

Just took a quick look at a number of dialogues and had some comments:

- Did you do a pass over *all* dialogues? dlgJob for example, isn't
touched, but I'm not sure it needs to be.

- dlgDatabase isn't wide enough by default on the Mac (you cannot see
all of the tabs). Also applies to dlgFunction, and maybe others.

- The catalog properties dialogue crashes horribly.

- Have you come up with a new set of standard sizes?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company