Fwd: PostgresSQL Invited to SQLSaturday

From: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fwd: PostgresSQL Invited to SQLSaturday
Date: 2011-06-26 16:56:24
Lists: pdxpug

Accepting abstracts for SQLSaturday!

Anyone have ideas for topics?

-selena

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Arnie Rowland <Arnie(at)1568(dot)com>
Date: Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 7:59 AM
Subject: PostgresSQL Invited to SQLSaturday
To: selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com

Hi Selena,

On October 8, 2011, there is a SQLSaturday event at PCC CLIMB Center.
We are planning for ~300 participants for the day.
(http://sqlsaturday.com/92/eventhome.aspx)

Previous SQLSaturday events around the country have focused primarily
on Microsoft’s product line. For this event in Portland, we are making
a concerted effort to push beyond SQL Server and bring in other SQL
topics/presenters –especially PL-SQL, MySQL, and PostgreSQL. I hope
that we can provide a broad range of SQL related topics at the event.

I wish to connect with the  PostgreSQL user community in order to
invite presentation abstracts for the event. It would be great to have
one or more sessions on PostgresSQL.

Would you please survey your members and extend our invitation for one
or more session abstracts to be submitted.

Thanks,

Arnie Rowland, Ph.D., MCITP, MCDBA, MCSE, MCT, MVP (SQL Server)

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me