ODBC: OID column in views

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC: OID column in views
Date: 1999-06-29 07:53:21
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I've recently come across a couple of minor problems(?) in the ODBC driver:

1) When querying a view eg:

SELECT * FROM pg_tables;

the driver will always attempt (and fail) to retrieve the oid column thus
returning an ODBC call failed error. This occurs whether the 'Show OID
Column' is selected or not. I can see the obvious overhead in checking
whether or not a query is on a view or table - is the current behaviour the
best solution or is there another way around this (other than specifying
column names in queries)?

2) Under OID options, if you uncheck 'Show Column', the 'Fake Index' option
will correctly be greyed out. If it is ticked when it is greyed though, the
driver will still connect with: showoid='0',fakeoidindex='1'. Can this cause
any problems?

Regards,

Dave.

--
Dave Page, Network & Systems Manager, The Vale Housing Association Ltd.
dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk

Attachment Content-Type Size
psqlodbc.log application/octet-stream 20.3 KB