Re: Mediawiki 1.10 and PG 8.3 upgrade

From: Oliver Kohll <oliver(at)gtwm(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mediawiki 1.10 and PG 8.3 upgrade
Date: 2008-05-31 12:19:33
Lists: pgsql-general
If upgrading MediaWiki to a version that supports postgres 8.3,
another option could be to export from the old db as XML (using the
Special:Export page) then import once the new wiki's installed with a
blank database - that's what I'm going to try, I've had problems
upgrading MediaWiki databases in the past, possibly due to customised
installations. This should hopefully render any database issues

You need to know the names of the pages to export, but could get those
with a simple query direct to the database like

SELECT pagetitlecolumn FROM tablewherepagetitlesarestored;

- see

On 30 May 2008, at 22:10, pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org wrote:

> I haven't personally tried that procedure with MediaWiki, though.

pgsql-general by date

Previous:From: dvsDate: 2008-05-31 08:29:32
Subject: Re: cannot use result of (insert .. returning)