Re: v3 from the ground up

From: Brian Olson <bql(at)bolson(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: davec(at)fastcrypt(dot)com
Subject: Re: v3 from the ground up
Date: 2004-05-01 01:49:03
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I've been working on javadoc-ing and trying to make a more usable
interface to the protocol code.

It still achieves a tiny hard-coded example.

I've been looking at the PostgreSQL docs on the server-client protocol,
and it doesn't specify the format of binary parameters. Where would
that be documented? Anywhere other than libpq code? Are the type oid-s
guaranteed to be constant between versions? I see from the libpq
documentation a reference to 'src/include/catalog/pg_type.h', that's
it, eh?

My latest code is at:
http://bolson.org/pgj/
http://bolson.org/pgj/pgj.java