Re: current transaction in productive database

From: Jeff <threshar(at)torgo(dot)978(dot)org>
To: ml(at)bortal(dot)de
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: current transaction in productive database
Date: 2009-03-20 17:01:42
Lists: pgsql-performance
On Mar 20, 2009, at 5:26 AM, ml(at)bortal(dot)de wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> is there a way to find out, how many transactions my currenc
> productive database is doing?
>
> I know know how much i an offer with my new database and hardware,
> but i would also like to know what i actually _need_ on my current
> productive system.
>
> Is there a way to find this out?

Are you looking to see how many transactions per second or more how
many transactions concurrently at a given time?

For the former you can use pgspy (its on pgfoundry) to get an idea of
queries per second coming in.

For the latter, just select * from pg_stat_activity where
current_query <> '<IDLE>';

--
Jeff Trout <jeff(at)jefftrout(dot)com>
http://www.stuarthamm.net/