Building a list of fields ?

From: David(dot)Jacques(at)CCRS(dot)NRCan(dot)gc(dot)ca
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Building a list of fields ?
Date: 2005-01-19 17:38:11
Lists: pgsql-admin
I'm trying to make a generic function  InsertValues().

In order to do this (cleanly) I need to construct a field list from
the table name passed in as an argument. However I see no libpq function
to return the field names of a table. Does such a thing exist ?

I thought I was on to something by using the pg_attribute system table,
 but there is no field to relate a column to its table.

pgsql-admin by date