How do you start 'library deficient' postgres on Solaris

From: "Brent Howard" <BHoward(at)ppc(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How do you start 'library deficient' postgres on Solaris
Date: 2003-06-17 13:26:01
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hi,

I am trying to start postgres from the command line on Solaris 8.  I rebooted my server and now all i get when i try to start postgres is an error.  I listed the error below.

Is there a way to get postgres to read/reference the libraries correctly?  How do i fix this problem, without rebuilding postgres?

$> su - postgres

bash-2.03$ cd /usr/local/pgsql/bin

bash-2.03$ ./postmaster
	ld.so.1: ./postmaster: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: symbol __register_frame_info: referenced symbol not found
	Killed

bash-2.03$

Thanks, B~

ps.  If i must rebuild postgres, can i rebuild easily without losing my data?

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Bernardo Fortunato CostaDate: 2003-06-17 13:27:56