Perpetual Entertainment (www.perpetual.com) is a new game company
located in downtown San Francisco. We are comprised of industry veterans
and looking for talented people to add to the core team. We have a solid
business plan, funding, and a great project, and are moving forward
quickly. We are making fun, innovative, top quality games, and looking
for someone who wants to do the same.
* Provide technical expertise to the project team members on the design,
development, test and implementation of game server and platform
* Monitor data server performance, availability, capacity, and error
* Assumes responsibility for data integrity, replication, security and
* Will work closely with the application development teams to ensure
correct database design and efficient application access.
* Address database integration issues including data migration,
maintenance, capacity planning and new application support.
* Monitors and manages database backups and logs; installs, maintains
and upgrades database software; restores and/or recovers data as
* Provide architecture support and management of OLAP/reporting DB
* Maintains knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art
technology, equipment and systems.
* Administers database performance and tuning.
* Installs and performs maintenance on core database software as well as
on application schema components and database structures.
* Ensures database backup and recovery processes are in place.
* Monitors database growth and provides input to overall system capacity
* Develops or approves all data models and physical database designs.
* Develops or approves all SQL application code to ensure efficient
* Monitors data usage to ensure correct use by applications and to
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* 5 or more years relevant experience including implementation,
administration, and support of production database systems
* Experience writing stored procedures using established coding
* Thorough knowledge of DBMS protocols; Experience with relevant
Java, etc) a plus.
* The ideal candidate will have primary expertise with PostgreSQL 8.X on
Linux. (Equivalent Oracle experience considered, must be willing to
* Linux scripting skills.
* Experience with optimization and troubleshooting techniques to address
performance problems on SQL Server
* Strong understanding of high level programming languages and the
software development life cycle
* Proficient in installing, monitoring and tuning database management
* Proficient in the coding of SQL and database stored procedures.
* Able to use Linux operating systems and utilities to assist in the
implementation and management of database management systems.
* Proficient in appropriate testing methods.
* Experienced in systems analysis and design.
* Must be a self-starter and an excellent communicator
If this description fits your background an you want to work in a fun
and challenging environment please contact recruiting(at)perpetual(dot)com
with your resume and salary history.
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Karthik Guruswamy||Date: 2006-03-28 01:32:17|
|Subject: Billing Architect position at Podbridge|
|Previous:||From: Charles Lee||Date: 2006-03-22 15:23:23|
|Subject: Database Consultant Wanted Immediately|