Re: proper tuning for restoring from pg_dump in 8.3.7

From: "Burgholzer, Robert (DEQ)" <Robert(dot)Burgholzer(at)deq(dot)virginia(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: proper tuning for restoring from pg_dump in 8.3.7
Date: 2010-07-14 17:07:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

That said, the time to restore is explainable, but is there something in
my tuning that is causing all of my memory to be eaten?

We seem to have some undiagnosed issue whereby opening and closing large
files on the system leaves a lot in the cache -- I am guessing that this
is my culprit and NOT my pg tuning?

Thanks again,
r.b.

Robert W. Burgholzer
Surface Water Modeler
Office of Water Supply and Planning
rwburgholzer(at)deq(dot)virginia(dot)gov
804-698-4405
Open Source Modeling Tools:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/npsource/