Re: COPY command syntax error

From: Darrell Fuhriman <darrell(at)garnix(dot)org>
To: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
Cc: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: COPY command syntax error
Date: 2011-02-02 19:35:58
Lists: pdxpug

>  Regardless, when I try \c I get a port warning and no data added:

\c is not short for "copy" it's short for "connect" That's why you're getting the error.

COPY (without the backslash) only works the file is directly accessible by the postgres process on the server. \copy allows you to get the same functionality using any file the *client* has access to. They're very different things.

d.