Re: Installation tool

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: Bruce Rowe <bruce(at)centerstage(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installation tool
Date: 2005-02-04 07:02:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Feb 3, 2005, at 3:42 PM, Bruce Rowe wrote:

> We are using Suse Linux 9.1. Postgres comes with it and we have the
> demon running. Rekal comes with Suse, but it requires a database to
> already be created.
>
> I would like to know if there are any tools for Postgres similar to
> Navicat to get things started. Commercial tools are just fine. I don't
> mind paying people for their work.

A list of different tools can be found here:

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/GUITools

The server appears to be down now, but you can try the link from the
google cache:

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:e5F-B1NqQGYJ:
techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/GUITools+postgresql+gui+tools&hl=en

I think pgAdmin III can create databases easily. Or if you just need a
database to get started with Rekal, why not just use the createdb
utility to get things started? See

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/app-createdb.html

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/