What is the right external type in EOModeler for an internal type integer ?

From: János Löbb <janos(dot)lobb(at)yale(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: What is the right external type in EOModeler for an internal type integer ?
Date: 2002-10-18 22:12:37
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

I have an internal type 'integer' attribute in EOModeler and I tried
both smallint and integer as external types but EOModeler still says to
me that:

Unable to find type information for external type 'integer' in
attribute 'authorID' of entity 'Author'.  Check spelling and
capitalization.

when I try to generate the "CREATE TABLE"  SQL.  Well, I tried
'Integer' and 'INTEGER' and "smallint" and "SMALLINT" without success.

Any good tips ?

János
P.S.  char works like charm, but I really want integer there as primary
key.
------------------------------------
"Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a

farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it
is to
come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't
want
war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany.

That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who
determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people
along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a
parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people
can
always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you
have
to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the
peacemakers for
lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in
any country."

--Hermann Goering at his Nuremberg War Crimes trial

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Brendan LeFebvreDate: 2002-10-18 23:09:52