mysql's "replace into..."

From: "Diehl, Jeffrey" <jdiehl(at)sandia(dot)gov>
To: "'pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org'" <pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: mysql's "replace into..."
Date: 2001-02-28 18:40:51
Lists: pgsql-sql
Hi all,

I'm in the process of migrating a production database and related
applicatoins from mysql to postgresql.  I've just not been very impressed
with mysql's stability, that is I'm trying to make my phone stop ringing.

However, when I wrote the applications, I took free advantage of mysql's
replace into feature which behaves like a smart insert that inserts new
records or updates old records.  I'm using perl DBI and need to figure out a
good way to migrate this to postgresql.

Any ideas?

Mike Diehl.

pgsql-sql by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2001-02-28 19:13:03