Re: error codes in postgresql

From: "Sivakumar K" <sivakumark(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com>
To: <sandhyar(at)amiindia(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: error codes in postgresql
Date: 2005-08-23 04:24:38
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi sandhya,

            I really wonder if the function name is pg_field_type (res,
col_no).

The function name which returns the field type of a particular column is
PQftype (res, col_no).

This returns the field type as oid.The oid of the built-in data types
can be found in src/include/catalog/pg_type.h

When using libpq API's you need to include only "libpq-fe.h".

Is pg_field_type (res, col_no) an abstraction over PQftype (res, col_no)
in your case?

Regards,

Siva Kumar.K