Re: Recommended ODBC version for compilation

From: "Anoop Kumar" <anoopk(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Recommended ODBC version for compilation
Date: 2005-11-14 05:10:19
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Dave/Peter,

Dave: As you know, we have spent quite a long time preparing the gap
analysis document between version 3.0 and 3.5x, and there was no
response at all to that :-(

> > there is support for features up to 0x0351 in some places. Why are
> > they not enabled by default and/or what would be the ramifications
of
> > enabling them (say, using --with-odbcver)?

I do not know why they are not enabled by default, but you should be
able to enable them using --with-odbcver=0x0351.

We have not implemented any additional APIs in the libpq version. All
the APIs are the same as in the old driver. If somebody is interested,
they can go through the gap analysis document and suggest some useful
APIs to add, so that someone could take it up and work on that.

The gap analysis document can be found here:
http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000125/82/psqlodbc3.5xcompliance.x
ls

Regards,
Anoop