Re: Initial database size on disk

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Murray Cumming <murrayc(at)murrayc(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Initial database size on disk
Date: 2010-06-20 12:59:08
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

20.Haz.2010 tarihinde 02:54 saatinde, Murray Cumming <murrayc(at)murrayc(dot)com
> şunları yazdı:

> When using the initdb command-line utility to create a new PostgreSQL
> database cluster, is there any way to specify the starting size used
> on
> disk? By default it seems to take around 38MB.

You can recompile PostgreSQL with a smaller wal size, which will
reduce initial size a bit. I am not sure about the side effects though.

Regards.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL DBA @ Akinon/Markafoni, Red Hat Certified Engineer