Regarding access to a user

From: Shashwat_Nigam <Shashwat_Nigam(at)satyam(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Regarding access to a user
Date: 2008-08-20 06:41:44
Lists: pgsql-adminpgsql-generalpgsql-sql
Dear Team

First of all I would like to thank you to provide a spatial database fro GIS developers and user. But I have doubt in the usage. I have created a few databases (i.e. X, Y, Z)  in a default Server and I also created a user (i.e. Us). Now what I want is to set privilege that whenever the user log in as Us he can only see database Y, none other than that. The user Us could have all rights for database Y but can't  go for any other database (X or Z). I already tried for GRANT command but it doesn't seems to be fruitful as such.
Please provide some assistance regarding the same as it is very required for the further proceeding of my work.
Thanks & Regards,
Shashwat Nigam<mailto:shashwat_nigam(at)satyam(dot)com>
| Software Engineer | Geographical Information System
Satyam Computer Services Limited<http://www.satyam.com/>, Hyderabad | MOBILE: +919951467324 |

DISCLAIMER:

pgsql-sql by date