Re: Result Set Cursor Patch

From: Andy Zeneski <jaz(at)ofbiz(dot)org>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Result Set Cursor Patch
Date: 2004-04-30 16:01:55
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Apr 30, 2004, at 11:43 AM, Kris Jurka wrote:

> Some more tests for the other wrappers you have made around absolute
> and
> other fetching methods would be nice (previous, relative, last, ...).

Sure, I was thinking of that myself. Since most of the code goes around
absolute() that was the primary one I wanted to make sure was tested.
But I can add some more.

> This patch does not support updateable ResultSets (deleteRow,
> insertRow),
> but doesn't do anything to prevent a cursor from being used in that
> case.

I don't recall changing this, if it previously prevented the cursor
from being used on update, then it should still be the same. I will
look into this and get it fixed. I don't think PostgreSQL supports
updateable cursors, so should the JDBC driver throw an exception if you
try to use updateable with a fetch size > 0, or should it avoid the
cursor and hope it can handle the results?

-Andy