i need help its not working

From: chris(dot)sullivan(at)l-3com(dot)com
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: i need help its not working
Date: 2009-05-14 20:58:26
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hi

my name is Chris I have been asked to create a data base with apache,
php,  postgreSQL.
now so far hi been able to get apache and php to work with each other
but I spent the last few day  trying to combind mysql and postgresql
with the apache. I fresh out of ideas.

when installing postgresql 8.3  as it was about to finish the last bit
for  the installation it gave me this message
warning
post-install step.Installation may not complete error reading
c:/program files/postgreSQL/8.3/data/postgresql.conf

when I run the sql SHELL (psql)

it gives me this
server [localhost]:
Database[postgres]:

port[5432]:
username[postgres]:
psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused <0X000274d/10061>
is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

how am I supposed to make it work?

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Quan ZongliangDate: 2009-05-15 01:45:15