Re: two bugs?

From: "Rodríguez Rodríguez, Pere" <prr(at)hosppal(dot)es>
To: "'pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: two bugs?
Date: 2004-07-29 13:46:17
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

>> 1.- When I have a table with a text data type column and I want to
>> change this data type to varchar then I can enter varchar data type but
>> I can't enter data length because length text box is disabled.
>
>It's not a bug, it's a feature: text has unlimited length, and pgadmin3
>won't allow you to decrease the length. You can go from varchar(5) to
>varchar(10) or varchar or text, but not varchar(4)

I'm agree but pgAdmin3 could allow modify it when there aren't any rows, or
if there are some row then pgAdmin3 could allow modify and then validate the
new data type and the data in the table. I supouse that the second option is
dificult, but is the first option possible?

>> 2.- Scripts generated for a tables with check constraints don't have
>> parentheses for the check expression. For example, for this table:
>
>AFAIR this is fixed in CVS, please check a snapshot version.

Tanks very much, I tested 1.1.0 Devel snapshot version and it works fine.

Thanks in advance,

Pere Rodríguez
Dpt. d'Informàtica
Hospital de Palamós