Re: audit trail

From: Alex(dot)H(dot)Pollock(at)WellsFargo(dot)COM
To: ler(at)lerctr(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: audit trail
Date: 2003-05-22 21:57:44
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks Larry!

I was wondering whether the Statistics Collector in section 10.2 of the
Admin manual might be a way to not only create an audit trail of insert,
update, and delete, but all sql activity and who is doing it. Could the
pg_stat_activity view or the access functions be used for this? But maybe
this would not create a continuous stream, and activity would be missed?

Alex Pollock
WFSC Data Services District
Database Administration